As a world-class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-based practice and professional development, the Brooks Institute of Higher Learning offers what was the first AOTA-accredited OT Neurologic Fellowship Program in the state of Florida. Our program is now currently one of only two AOTA accredited OT Neurologic Fellowships in Florida and six in the country.
Our AOTA approved Neurologic Fellowship program starts in July and runs just over a year. Fellows-in-training rotate through various neurologic care settings within the Brooks Rehabilitation System including Inpatient Brain Injury, Stroke, and Spinal Cord Injury Programs as well as our outpatient Neuro Recovery Center. Throughout each care setting, fellows-in-training treat a full caseload and receive a 40 hour/week salary. Components of the fellowship include didactic coursework and instruction, 1:1 clinical mentoring and supervision, and directed learning activities. As part of the professional development curriculum, fellows-in-training complete multiple clinical case studies, provide laboratory instruction of OTD students at Jacksonville University, and serve as Fieldwork Educator to a Level II OT student. Additionally, residents and fellows-in-training from all of the Brooks IHL post-professional programs comprehensively participate in foundational courses, allowing for development of professional relationships with colleagues of various specialty practice areas. Click here to view the OT Neurologic Fellowship goals.
– 350 hours of 1:1 mentoring (including over 200 mentoring hours during direct client care.)
– Full salary and benefits with Brooks Rehabilitation
– Shared experience with our 10 Residency and Fellowship Programs
– Enjoy opportunities to collaborate with 120+ residency and fellowship graduates practicing in the Brooks System
– Experiential learning opportunities in multiple settings throughout the Brooks Rehabilitation System of Care
The Brooks Neurologic OT Fellowship Program is an Approved Site by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
The Brooks IHL Neurologic OT Fellowship Program will help prepare occupational therapists towards application to be recognized by AOTA for Board Certification in Physical Rehabilitation (BCPR).
Graduation Rate (5 year average) – 100%
MSOT, OTR/L, BCPR
• The fellowship is founded on The Five Pillars.
• The fellows-in-training participate in combinations of traditional coursework, directed learning activities, and clinical mentoring.
• Fellows-in-training will serve as Brooks Rehabilitation staff for the course of the training.
• Upon graduation, the fellows will serve as clinical leaders and change agents for the profession.
Applicants to the Brooks Neurologic OT Fellowship Program must:
*Fellows accepted into the Neurologic OT Program must commit to 1-year of employment with Brooks Rehabilitation after graduation from the program, or pay $15,000 tuition.