The Brooks Women’s Health Residency Program integrates a comprehensive focus on women’s health physical therapy practice with a strong musculoskeletal/orthopaedic foundation. A combination of didactic and psychomotor training, clinical mentoring, and strategic directed learning activities provide the Women’s Health residents with exposure and access to interdisciplinary partners in women’s health care. Case study presentations prepare the resident for participation in professional conferences and potential submission for publication. Additionally, residents from all of the Brooks IHL residency programs comprehensively participate in foundational courses, allowing for development of professional relationships with colleagues of various specialty practice areas.
The one-year Women’s Health Residency, the first of its kind in the state of Florida, is designed to provide specialized training in the following areas:
– Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation (urinary incontinence, functional bowel disorders, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain)
– Obstetric and Postpartum Physical Therapy
– Breast Cancer Rehabilitation and Lymphedema
– The Female Athlete
– Conditions More Prevalent in Female Patients such as Fibromyalgia, Osteoporosis
– Women’s Neuro-musculoskeletal Health Across the Lifespan
– 150 hours of 1:1 on site clinical mentoring
– Full salary and benefits with Brooks Rehabilitation
– Shared experience with our 9 Residency and Fellowship Programs
– No tuition
– Enjoy opportunities to collaborate with 80 graduates practicing in the Brooks System
– Experiential learning opportunities in multiple settings throughout the Brooks Rehabilitation System of Care
The Brooks Women’s Health Residency is accredited for Physical Therapists by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency & Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE).
The Women’s Health Residency Program will prepare physical therapists with the knowledge and skills needed to sit for the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) board certification exam in women’s health (WCS).
Women’s Health Board Certification Pass Rate for First Time Takers
PT, DPT, WCS, MEd
Applicants to the Women’s Health Residency Program: