The Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP) is a voluntary program designed primarily for people interested in or involved with clinical education, such as clinical instructors, site coordinators of clinical education, and directors of clinical education. It is recognized by APTA as a Clinical Instructor Education and Credentialing Program.
– Plan and prepare for physical therapy students during their clinical education experience.
– Support continuing education through questioning and effective feedback.
– Acquire performance evaluation skills.
– Identify and manage students with exceptional situations.
– Recognize legal implications for clinical educators, including issues presented by ADA legislation.