4th Annual Brooks IHL Scholarly Symposium
- Date(s): June 22, 2019 – June 22, 2019
- Times: Saturday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM *Registration and breakfast are 30 minutes before advertised start time.
University of North Florida
Adam W. Herbert University Center
12000 Alumni Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224
The Brooks IHL is hosting our Fourth Annual Scholarly Symposium, which is a multidisciplinary and multispecialty day long event consisting of exciting programming with the focus on Translating Evidence to Clinical Practice! Clinicians from across the country come to network and learn advanced, cutting edge concepts that will positively impact patient care. Throughout the day, participants will enjoy a myriad of evidence-based, scholarly activities, including:
- Keynote presentation from Alan Jette, PT, PhD, MPH, FAPTA. The title of his keynote is Overcoming Ignorance and Ineptitude in 21st Century Rehabilitation Practice!
- Innovation talks (10 minutes each) on a variety of professional topics from nationally recognized clinical experts.
- Panel discussion (AKA Scholarly Smack Down) on Professional Issues.
- Presentations from current Residents and Fellows-in-Training from multiple programs including the Brooks IHL, Emory University, Mercer University, Medical University of South Carolina, University of Miami, and the University of South Florida. The Residents and Fellows in Training will perform one of the following type of presentations:
- Oral Case Report Presentations
- 5 X 5 Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentations
Alan Jette's research focuses on evaluation of rehabilitation outcomes, functional measurement, and the prevention and treatment of disability. He served as Dean of Boston University's Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences from 1996-2004 and was Professor of Health Policy & Management at the Boston University School of Public Health from 2005-2017. He currently serves as Professor of Rehabilitation Sciences at the MGH Institute of Health Professions. In 2013, Dr. Jette was elected to the National Academy of Medicine, formerly the Institute of Medicine. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal PHYSICAL THERAPY.Intended Audience:
The information presented in this symposium is intended for Physical Therapists (PT), Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) and Occupation Therapists (OT), and Occupational Therapist Assistants (OTA) practitioners and students. Other clinical disciplines, such as Speech and Nursing, may also benefit from the content presented.CEUs:
This event is approved for 7 contact hours (0.7 CEUs) by the following boards:
- Florida Physical Therapy Association
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
- Florida Board of Nursing
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
Simply select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and click the "Order Now" button to pay by credit card. After payment, you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment. Having trouble seeing the prices below? Click HERE!
- If you would like to pay by check, cash, or department*, please print this registration form, and send it to us with your payment. Checks should be made out to Brooks Rehabilitation.
- The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL at info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.