2019 Prosthetics Rehabilitation
- Date(s): April 27, 2019 – April 27, 2019
- Times: 8:00AM - 5:00PM *Registration and breakfast are 30 minutes before advertised start time.
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Assembly Room 1 & 2
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
This course will provide an in depth education on formal therapeutic interventions for the limb loss population. Participants will learn how to provide care from initial limb loss through community reintegration. The course will also include current advances in prosthetic rehabilitation, management of phantom limb and residual limb pain, and provide a model to interdisciplinary approach to patient management.
- Describe the prosthetic rehabilitation progression.
- Perform initial gait training activities with patients that have limb loss.
- Identify typical prosthetic gait deviations and learn methods to improve them during formal therapeutic interventions.
- Communicate the expectations of the prosthetic rehabilitation process to patients and their families.
Alicia White ATC, PT/DPTIntended Audience:
The information presented in this course is clinically relevant for licensed Physical Therapist (PTs), Physical Therapy Assistant (PTAs), Occupational Therapist (OTs), and Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTAs)CEUs:
This course has been approved for 8 hours (.8 CEUs) by the following boards:
- Florida Physical Therapy Association
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
Simply select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and click the "Order Now" button to pay by credit card. After payment, you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment. Having trouble seeing the prices below? Click HERE!
- If you would like to pay by check, cash, or department*, please print this registration form, and send it to us with your payment. Checks should be made out to Brooks Rehabilitation.
- The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL at info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.