2019 Dynamic Approach to Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Date(s): August 10, 2019 – August 11, 2019
- Times: Saturday, 7:00AM - 6:00PM; Sunday, 7:30AM *Registration and breakfast are 30 minutes before advertised start time.
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
Assembly Room 1 & 2
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
During this two-day Dynamic Soft Tissue Mobilization (DSTM) course, the instructor will discuss the history, neurophysiological rationale and mechanism of soft tissue mobilizations outcome. Extensive lab techniques addressing evaluation differentiation of fascial, articular vs. muscular and treatment strategies for different dysfunctions in extremities and the spine. The instructor will discuss, demonstrates and supervise over 100 evaluative and treatment techniques to the upper and lower quarters including the spine. Four functional and practical case studies will be demonstrated, performed and timed with efficient execution by all participants.
Upon completion of this conference the participants will be able to:
- Discuss the anatomy, neurophysiology of connective tissue and muscle function
- Discuss soft tissue mobilization rational and benefits
- Perform Passive and Active Dynamic Soft Tissue Mobilization of muscles impacting extremities and spine
- Perform DSTM to patients in different positions (supine, prone and side lying)
- Perform differential assessment of articular and muscular limitation
- Perform DSTM to scars, fascia and muscles
- Identify fascial restriction in the fascial layers and muscles
- Integrate therapists’ fingers, hands, forearm and elbows
- Demonstrate good body mechanics while performing all techniques
- Be introduced to IASTM treatment tools on selected connective tissues and muscles
Yousef Ghandour PT, MOMT, FAAOMPT.
Yousef Ghandour, PT, MOMT, FAAOMPT is a clinician and educator and has been practicing as a Physical Therapist for over 33 years. Mr. Ghandour graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy from Long Beach University, and earned his Graduate degree Masters of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (MOMT) 1991, from the Ola Grimsby Institute in San Diego, CA. Completed additional two years part II residency program and became a fellow in AAOMPT.
Yousef is passionate about Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy and enjoys sharing his knowledge with his colleagues. He is a member of several physical therapy organizations including the American Physical Therapy Association; California Physical Therapy Association, the Orthopedic section of the APTA; the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists; and a Full Fellow (011) of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy (FAAOMPT). He taught Residency programs with the Ola Grimsby Institute, numerous seminars in subjects in sports medicine and orthopedic manual physical therapy, including dynamic soft tissue mobilization, lumbar stabilization and The Hip Complex: A comprehensive orthopedic manual therapy approach. Invited speaker at California Physical Therapy Association annual conference 2019(https://www.ccapta.org/)
Currently, he is director and partner at PRN La Jolla/ UTC clinic in San Diego. Also, he is adjunct faculty at University of St. Augustine teaching MSK flex program, instructor at The Ola Grimsby Institute, and guest lecturer at San Diego State University, Physical Therapy Program.
Yousef’s philanthropic work includes volunteering on the board of PTFORALL, a nonprofit organization, dedicated to helping individuals without health insurance to get the physical rehabilitation they needIntended Audience:
The information presented in this course is clinically relevant for Physical Therapists (PT) and Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) only.CEUs:
This course is approved for 12 contact hours (1.2 CEUs) by the following boards:
- Florida Physical Therapy Association
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
Simply select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and click the "Order Now" button to pay by credit card. After payment, you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment. Having trouble seeing the prices below? Click HERE!
- If you would like to pay by check, cash, or department*, please print this registration form, and send it to us with your payment. Checks should be made out to Brooks Rehabilitation.
- The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning will provide reasonable accommodations for learners with special needs. Please contact the Brooks IHL at info@BrooksIHL.org for more information and/or for a special needs accommodation request.